Following are the eligibility requirements for potential Red Comet students who want to enroll in high school classes:
- They must be part of a public or private high school or they must be homeschooled students
- They must not be older than 21 years
- They must agree to the Code of Conduct
- They must have access to the required technology, broadband and computer to successfully complete a Red Comet course
Following is the admission procedure at Red Comet for enrolling in online high school classes:
- If student enrolls directly on the Red Comet website, Red Comet customer service staff will then contact the school authorities to ensure that student has permission from school to take Red Comet courses.
- If school authorities concur, then Red Comet staff will approve the student’s enrollment in that course.
- Sometimes students contact Red Comet customer service staff prior to enrolling on the website; in this case, they will be advised to seek permission from their school to enroll in the Red Comet program. Red Comet verifies whether the school has granted permission every time a student enrolls. If they already have permission from the school authorities, then the student may enroll on the Red Comet website.
Students with the below barriers have low chances of successfully completing a Red Comet course:
- Severe physical impairment
- Severe mental disabilities
- Severe intellectual impairment
- No access to computers or broadband
- No time to put in at least 75 hours per course
- Cannot complete the course within a 120-day period